Re: Corrected tarballs for Emacs 23.2 and 23.3

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Corrected tarballs for Emacs 23.2 and 23.3
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 08:59:50 +0800

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

> Indeed, we could add the diff between 23.3a and 23.3b (about 65 kB
> uncompressed) to our patchball. We'd still have to distribute the
> problematic 23.3a tarball though, and mirror it ourselves, because
> it's gone from GNU mirrors.
>
> It would be too much to hope for a 23.3c tarball with timestamps
> fixed, I suppose?

Hmm, I'm not sure how the timestamps got messed up.  Otherwise 23.xb
should have no changes from 23.xa apart from the etc/grammars directory.
Sorry about that.

But I don't think the problem of increased compilation time is severe
enough to warrant making new tarballs, unless there is a demonstrable
bug in usage of the compiled Emacs.