Re: Using smtps over port 465 in emacs24

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: Using smtps over port 465 in emacs24
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 00:57:09 +0000

On 12/18/2011 5:16 PM, Rene wrote:

It's good you mentionned this because I never could have figured this out by
myself from the info file nor from the smtpmail.el file.

This fix should definitely be added to the variable's documentation string.

Glad to see your problem is solved. Can you file an emacs-bug-report? I notice that the customize for the variable doesn't have ssl on the menu either.

That's strange that absolutely no message whatsoever was issued when trying to
send messages.

Network problems often don't result in error messages. I don't know if that is Emacs's fault or the network layer's.

But the normal behavior is for Emacs to hang while waiting for network connections. Are you saying that it did not even hang?

Cheers,
Uday