Re: GnuTLS for W32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: GnuTLS for W32
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 02:44:21 +0100

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 02:33, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Security default settings must be appropriate for those who are at risk.

That assumes that those at risk are many, or the cost of these
defaults are small. We can now discuss (without any real data, I
think) just how many Windows users of Emacs are at risk, and how
convenient or inconvenient is to assume distributing the GnuTLS binary
vs. pointing the users to an alternative download place.

And, just to put things in perspective, until now Emacs had no GnuTLS
support and we haven't seen a flood of network-related security
reports from Windows users.

    Juanma