Re: gnutls for lose32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: gnutls for lose32
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 12:51:51 +0100

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 11:46, Carsten Mattner
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not sure this is a good idea.
> "win32" is used in the same way as "posix" to refer to a set of
> platform APIs. "win" alone should be expanded.

And yet, imagine that Microsoft were to add some program, library or
product called "Windows Win", and that we had to refer to it in the
documentation. What would we call it? "Windows Lose"? Really? And
would that really help the users in any way, or just confuse them?

I won't deny the power of words. But sometimes, a name is just a name.
The crusade against "win32" is a bit silly IMHO; it's hard to believe
that anyone, outside of a few old timers, reads it as "a form of
praise".

    Juanma