Re: Update on the Emacs release schedule?

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: Update on the Emacs release schedule?
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 12:02:59 +0100

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> As for the code, there are still a number of issues that need more
> attention, most prominently the mysterious memory leak(s) that may or
> may not involve Gnus and/or GnuTLS and/or Mac OS X.

For the record, I use a --without-gnutls Emacs while also not
using Gnus, and am part of the users seeing the "leaks".

Ready to test any patch or memory statistics collector background
scripts for analysis.

Still running debug builds of Emacs just in case there's another crash.
No other crash seen so far, but I've enabled Ido just recently, and
have to use it more extensively before I can be reasonably sure it
might be solved.

Reading Tom Tromey's recent blog post, I'd say any improvements
to the allocator and/or collector will be a huge NEWS entry for 24.