Re: "Loading"

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: "Loading"
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:51:14 +0100

Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

> In this case, maybe.  In the general case, there are processes with
> no visible buffer or any obvious association.

There may be use cases for a global notification thing, but it's not
immediately clear what this would be.  If the mode line spins for a
particular buffer, then it's clear that something (hopefully obvious) is
going to happen in the buffer in question.  If we have a global spinner,
all that would convey to the user is that Emacs is doing something...
somewhere...  for some reason...  Which might be neat, but not really