Re: Tagging of bugs to induct new developers

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Tagging of bugs to induct new developers
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 02:37:57 -0400

Ben Sturmfels wrote:

> I see that some projects specifically tag easy bugs that may be
> appropriate for inducting new developers. For Gnome they use the tag
> "gnome-love". Is there a similar approach for Emacs?

There hasn't been to date. I just now created a new debbugs tag "easy"
that people can use for this purpose if they want to. Of course, nothing
is tagged "easy" right now. I'm not sure how much use it will get
though. The "help" tag has never been used.

More people fixing Emacs bugs would be very welcome. If there's
something you are particularly interested in, try a subject search to
see if there are any bugs in that area. Or browse a range of bug numbers
and see if something catches your eye. Old bugs are probably not easy to
fix, so maybe start from the recent end. Bugs with severity "minor" may
be easier to fix (but also may be hard to fix and just not important).
There's always all the bugs with "doc" in the subject.