Re: GSoC project "Hyphenation"?

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: GSoC project "Hyphenation"?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:48:18 +0200

On 2012-03-27 18:01, Tim Landscheidt wrote:
Hi,

time and time again I have searched for "Emacs" and "hyphen-
ation", and so little results came up that I looked up "hy-
phenation" again to make sure that I hadn't misspelled it.
It seems that it is not a feature often asked for as the
typical workflow of text processing in Emacs usually in-
volves TeX or something similar, but I do find myself often
in need to hyphenate texts like mails or output of console
programs.  With Google Summer of Code around, I'd like to
propose the following idea "Hyphenation in GNU Emacs":

Hi, Tim

Without having read your e-mail in its entirety, I think a proper implementation in Emacs should not interfere with things like searching for and replacing text. E.g. if I load your e-mail in Emacs and I want to find all occurrences of the word "hyphenation" in it, I expect to be able to use isearch to find even those occurrences where hyphenation is taking place.

Now /that/ would be cool!

Cheers,
Deniz