Re: Emacs and Guile

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Emacs and Guile
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:00:59 -0700

On Tue 10 Apr 2012 00:09, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW, my (admittedly short) experience with Guile is that it is not
> reliable or stable on anything but GNU/Linux, and even there it has
> much to catch up.  It has a lot to gain in terms of portability before
> it can be considered seriously as an alternative to ELisp, or even its
> sibling on equal rights.

There is certainly much room for improvement.  I really appreciated your
bug reports and patches, especially since the main Guile hackers all use
GNU systems for development.  We haven't merged them all in yet, but
it's more due to a lack of time than anything else.

Portability is an ongoing challenge, as we write new code, but it's
something we can reach with help and persistence.

I'm pretty excited about BT's proposal.  BT has the right mix of care
for detail and audacity that seems necessary for a hack of this size :)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/