Re: Patch bug triage

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Patch bug triage
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:24:27 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> M-x debbugs-gnu-search RET RET tag RET patch RET status RET open RET
>
> seems to work better, as it doesn't fetch several thousand reports.
>
> But I couldn't figure out the way to specify "status" = "open", so the
> returned list includes fixed reports.  Apparently, when I give
> debbugs-gnu-search an empty search string, it does not accept the
> "status" attribute.  Is that a bug or a limitation of the soap query?

When you give an empty query string to `debbugs-gnu-search', it falls
back to the behaviour of `debbugs-gnu', which does not allow interactive
setting of "status" yet. Maybe this attribute shall be added for
interactive query?

You could suppress showing bugs with status "done" and "forwarded" by

(add-to-list 'debbugs-gnu-default-suppress-bugs
             '(status . "done\\|forwarded"))

But this is applied client side only, when toggling the result list with
"x". Not so performant in retrieving.

Best regards, Michael.