Re: Evil defvars in org.el

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Evil defvars in org.el
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 02:56:04 -0400

Chong Yidong wrote:

> I think we should bite the bullet and introduce new defvars with
> properly prefixed names, as was done for `e'.

I guess I can do that at some point if no better solution presents
itself, but I imagine it will cause a lot of external inconvenience. It
seems to me that this is something where there really ought to be a
general Emacs solution (dynamic-let or whatever).

Another example is display-time-string-forms (helpfully hidden by
with-no-warnings). Do you propose to make similar changes everywhere
this same issue occurs?