Re: list-packages: Marking packages as

From: Isaac
Subject: Re: list-packages: Marking packages as
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 16:24:48 +0000 (UTC)

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Enabling users to add a tag would be the most flexible approach.

I think the same, tag/keyboard/labels should work well

> ps:
>
> I only wish that timestamps that I see in the below listing
>
> http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/?C=M;O=D
>
> give an idea of when a *particular* package was created/modified as
> opposed to when the package *tar* was published.  Save for Org, all
> packages have "05-May-2012" has modified date.  This is not that helpful
> for discovery.  For example, I would have liked to know when 'csv-mode'
> made it's debut.

One thought is something like the ubuntu store (or vim user feedback) where a
grade can be assigned by user. I often found myself trying to find 'good
reviewed' software before trying something out. Instead of using category, we
may think of using keywords (labels etc)... a wild idea would be something like
delicious.com, where keywords are contributed socially ...