Re: Using cl in rst.el and elsewhere

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Using cl in rst.el and elsewhere
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 15:56:27 -0400

> But I guess this is a common problem. Isn't there a common solution?
> I.e. is there a package containing the cl functions with a proper name
> prefix like `cl-signum'?

That's indeed the upcoming solution: as discussed somewhat recently,
I suggested we provide a new package `cl-lib' which would be like CL but
with a clean namespace (i.e. everything starts with "cl-").
Then (require 'cl-lib) would be perfectly acceptable.
cl.el would become a file that just provides a bunch of aliases for
backward compatibility purposes.

        Stefan