Re: web-mode.el

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: web-mode.el
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:36:48 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bois Francois-Xavier <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I've written web-mode.el, a major mode for PHP/HTML templates files.
> > It aims to natively indent and syntaxcolor according to the "context"
> > of (point) (which can be in an HTML part or in a PHP/JavaScript/CSS
> > bloc).
>
> Thanks, this looks interesting.  The problem with nXhtml mode (and
> php-mode) is that we've had a hell of a time trying to get the copyright
> assignments to get them incorporated into Emacs, and at this point I've
> given up.

The problem is with php-mode.el and some other major modes
nXhtml/MuMaMo may use. Nearly all of nXhtml is written by me so when
it comes to copyright there is no problem with that.

As I have said before, there are technical problems with mumamo.el
which can not be solved currently. Some very tough changes have to be
made to Emacs to make it better. Those changes will also make
mumamo.el a lot simpler. So I have left mumamo.el in the state it is.
It works reasonably well in the current situation, but it is not at
all perfect. (I have not tested with Emacs 24 yet.)

Does web-mode.el incorporate a new mode for PHP? Then it would be
interesting to test this with mumamo.el.