Re: bug#11672: 23.3; info menu-bar acts on wrong window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: bug#11672: 23.3; info menu-bar acts on wrong window
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:05:02 +0200

> Proposition for a bugfix:

Please keep emacs-devel cc'd.

> Change the call to the interactive-function in Info-up, Info-next, and
> Info-prev in the source file "info.el"
>
> from
>     (interactive)
>     (interactive "@")
>
> I think that's all. Or is that too simple? What do you think?
>
> I tested the bugfix by loading a file with the redefined functions
> (load-file "bugfix.el") and it seems to work. For emacs in a text
> console with gpm mouse support navigating by mouse in an inactive window
> seems to be not possible.
>
> Maybe the save-window-excursion in the function source, that seems to be
> provided for the case that another window is selected, is not really
> necessary, because selecting the window with the menu-bar

To avoid confusion, this is "the window with the header line".

> is most
> probably intended by the user.

When he used the mouse.  In any case the

    (or (eq major-mode 'Info-mode) (switch-to-buffer "*info*"))

in `Info-up' and friends means that we do have to make current the
buffer of the window where the mouse click happened.  So I think using
(interactive "@") is TRT.  Any objections?

martin