Re: For insertion in trunk

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: For insertion in trunk
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:46:13 +0900

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> writes:

>>> In relation to this, I'd like to merge changes made in the Gnus
>>> git master ever since the feature freeze to the Emacs trunk.

>> Please wait a bit with this.  There seems to be a serious problem with
>> the nnimap `unexist' tracking on some servers that I still haven't been
>> able to reproduce, but which makes using nnimap on these servers
>> kinda... awkward.

> Ok, I keep maintaining it locally till a signal gun fires.

Well, the diff[1] between Emacs's Gnus and Ma Gnus grew into over
200KB, and pretty amount of them are useful and obviously unrelated
to the problem.  So, I'd like to merge them to the Emacs trunk.
The attached text includes the ChangeLog entries associated with
the Gnus changes not yet merged to Emacs; where lines beginning
with `o' are the ones that I think safe to merge to Emacs.  WDYT?
If that's ok, I'll work on it next week or later.

[1] /ftp.jpl.org:/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch
 (or http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch)