RE: Input events and (interactive "e")

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Input events and (interactive "e")
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 06:14:27 -0700

> Think of "C-x <someevent> C-s".  Should "someevent" be considered as
> part of the whole key-sequence for the purpose of command
> lookup, or is "someevent" sufficiently special that it should be run
> immediately regardless of the previous "C-x" and then ignored from
> the overall key-sequence which will just read "C-x C-s"?
> If the latter, then your event should be handled by special-event-map.

1. This info was helpful to me.  I've added it to the commentary in
`thumb-frm.el', which mentions that users can substitute thumbifying for
iconifying everywhere, including, say, clicking a window-mgr minimize button.
It's good to be aware of, even if a user might never accidentally do `C-x
<click-minimize-button> C-s'.

2. I support Eli's questions about documenting `e' more generally.  No doubt
there is stuff here, too, that I and others are unaware of.