Re: Where the menu should be appeared when C-mouse-3 is triggered

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Where the menu should be appeared when C-mouse-3 is triggered
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:38:18 -0400

> With the patch f10 can show the same menu items as
> C-mouse-3 shows. The menu is shows at point or mouse
> cursor; last-nonmenu-event is referred to decide the
> postion. The menu items reflects (current-buffer) when
> the menu is shown at point.

Sounds good.  Installed (except I removed point-pixel-position).

> I think a function showing menu at point may be useful
> other elisp program, so I introduced `point-pixel-position'
> and 'point' constant for POSITION parameter of `popup-menu'.

Maybe a better direction is to make popup-menu (and x-popup-menu, ...)
accept posn arguments, so you can just use things like (event-end
<event>) or (posn-at-point) to specify where to display it.  The
docstring of popup-menu seems to indicate that an `event' can be used,
but at least in my tests it doesn't seem to work.

Could you look at making a patch to do that (i.e. accept a posn,
or maybe an event)?

        Stefan