Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Pavlo Martynenko
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 12:40:01 +0300

I can repeat it again.
NS port is ugly, and has problems with C-g, font rendering, modifier keys,
multiprocessing, networking.
Some times NS port stops respond on network requests and C-g does not help.
See the difference on https://vimeo.com/46028049. (look and feel only)

And what systems do you use with tramp?
I have problem with FreeBSD.

After opening file on remote freebsd host at the end of the file I see.

$ _echo     stty icanon erase ^H cols 32767_echo
#$

Tramp versions from 2.2.3 up to 2.2.6-pre.

On 20 Jul 2012, at 16:51, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 18:07:43 -0700 chad <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> c> I use the ns port on macosx 10.7.4 every day, compiled from bazaar
> c> every few days, and have never seen any of these problems. I've been
> c> doing this for years, with the current bzr head and OS release, without
> c> trouble.
>
> Same here, with heavy Gnus and Tramp usage.  I haven't seen it crash in
> a while (last time was due to a misplaced GnuTLS library).
>
> Ted

        Pavlo