Re: Feature freeze on October 1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Feature freeze on October 1
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:06:37 +0200

> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:40:22 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> > Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:05:12 +0900
> >
> > I have not yet figured out in detail the effect, but, what
> > should be done, I think, is to remove the call of
> > MAYBE_UNIFY_CHAR in char_string and string_char of
> > character.c.
>
> Thanks.  I'll have a stab at that soon.

I did that in trunk revision 110192.

Should we also remove MAYBE_UNIFY_CHAR and maybe_unify_char as well?
And what about CHAR_STRING_ADVANCE_NO_UNIFY and
STRING_CHAR_ADVANCE_NO_UNIFY?  Should we remove them and use,
respectively, CHAR_STRING_ADVANCE and STRING_CHAR_ADVANCE instead?  Or
do we want to leave all these in place for now, to keep the option of
going back to using the unification in some cases?