[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RefTeX Merge
Re: RefTeX Merge
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:20:47 -0400
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/24.2.50 (gnu/linux)
> I tried to get some information about `brz join' but there does not seem
> to be much available. And given the problems with the command discussed
> on emacs-devel it looks a bit dangerous.
Here's how it could work:
bzr co .../emacs/trunk
bzr co .../reftex/trunk reftex
bzr join reftex
bzr mv reftex/foo bar
bzr mv ...
bzr rm reftex
bzr commit locally
make sure the resulting repository works right
Just make sure the reftex bzr tree hasn't gone through a "bzr-git"
translation because otherwise the resulting branch may trigger a bug in
bzr when you later checkout a new copy of that branch (at least that
seems to be the problem we bumped into in the `elpa' branch).
"bzr join" has worked reliably for me as long as I didn't try to join
a repository converted by the bzr-git plugin. But I suspect that bzr-hg
might trigger the same problems.
> Also, I'm not yet sure if it would be the right tool for the job because
> we want to do a merge of files existing in both repositories and the
> description of `bzr join' talks about combining a tree with a subtree.
Indeed, the above leads to having two copies of the reftex files, so you
have to choose between the two and Bazaar won't know that they were really
the same files. So it's not necessarily the best solution, depending on
which history you want to keep and how important it is to preserve it
directly in the Emacs repository's metadata (as opposed to just as
a ChangeLog file or a commit log text).
Re: RefTeX Merge, Glenn Morris, 2012/09/23
Re: RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/24
- RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/23
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Paul Eggert, 2012/09/23
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Chong Yidong, 2012/09/24
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/24
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Richard Stallman, 2012/09/24
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Tassilo Horn, 2012/09/25
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Tassilo Horn, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Stephen J. Turnbull, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge,
Stefan Monnier <=
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Chong Yidong, 2012/09/26
- Subdirectories in `lisp', Stefan Monnier, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/30