Re: Defaults for elisp-mode files

From: Christopher Monsanto
Subject: Re: Defaults for elisp-mode files
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:37:36 -0400

Hi Juanma,

I know what directory local variables are :) They are loaded when
emacs visits a file (that is, to be opened in a buffer), not when
opened by the Lisp load primitive. To do what you are wanting for
lexical-binding, we would have to instrument load to read directory
locals, but that seems strange because none of the variables normally
set in directory locals have relevance to the semantics of LIsp
programs. Which is why I would suggest introducing a new file for such
behavior, that the load function WOULD pick up, but wouldn't be
uselessly set when editing files in the package.

Christopher Monsanto
address@hidden  --  http://monsan.to/