Re: Put updated package.el in ELPA? (and cl-lib backport)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Put updated package.el in ELPA? (and cl-lib backport)
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:22:32 -0400

> I'll look into it.  I don't know the internals of cl at all.  Is there
> anything else needed other than a big giant pile of `defalias's?

I haven't thought about it at all.
You can start with that.  You may bump into a few conflicts where
"cl-<foo>" already exists in the old cl.el.

Also it'd be good to make sure that code that works with your cl-lib.el
also works with the "real" cl-lib.el, i.e. pay attention to the few
subtle incompatibilities (e.g. cl-flet not being the same as flet).
This "compatibility cl-lib" should not aim to be a 100% equivalent to
cl-lib but only a faithful subset.  IOW better not provide cl-flet at
all than to provide cl-flet as an alias to flet.

        Stefan