[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:25:39 +1100
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/24.2.50 (darwin)
Is there a long term roadmap for emacs research and development that
someone could point to? Having done my homework I find nothing out
there except rumour and myth. For instance:
- Is multi-threading coming to emacs 25?
- Is there realistic support for replacing elisp with guile? Is that
considered possible even?
- If elisp is the future, what type of changes are envisaged?
- double escape regex fix?
- lexical closures (to support no namespaces)?
- first-class print for functions?
More generally, when can we get turtles all the way down and enjoy the
return of the symbolic machine?
- emacs roadmap,
Tony Day <=