Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] rnc-mode updated for GNU Emacs 23+

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] rnc-mode updated for GNU Emacs 23+
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 20:42:23 -0500

>> Indeed, I'd be happy to see rnc-mode in GNU ELPA.  If someone can make
>> sure the copyright paperwork is in order, that would be very appreciated.
> It is already in MELPA, FWIW.  I presume that if it moves to GNU ELPA
> it should be removed from the alternate archive.

That would be preferable, but it's not terribly important.

> Since I haven't heard anything from the original author (given the
> nearness of Christmas he may be on holiday and not checking mail), and
> it is under his company's copyright, I'm not sure I can submit the
> appropriate paperwork.

Only the authors of the code can submit such paperwork.
More specifically, what needs to be done is to find which are the
contributors (contributions that total less than about 20 lines of code
don't need to do anything special), and then contact them to ask them if
they're willing to sign the necessary paperwork (unless they've already
signed it, of course).

So, the first step is to figure out who are all the
(non-trivial) contributors.

        Stefan