Re: Git to Bzr - what works?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Git to Bzr - what works?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:30:05 +0100

() Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
() Mon, 24 Dec 2012 08:31:43 -0500

   You can't expect casual contributors to take up banners and arise.

Right.  I expect nothing when i ask questions, generally.  The form and
content of any response (let me show you some of the hate mail i get
some time) is an opportunity for me to learn.  That's the selfish truth.

Another aspect of my questioning is the conceit that maybe by provoking
public discourse, the public mind will become more aware, and over time
reach some threshold where that translates to public action.

In this case, the "unsettling" feeling can be both +ve and -ve, and i
was (and am still) curious how (in what style) the OP surfs w/ it.

Personally, i predict Bazaar will wither and Someone will write a GPLv3+
Git workalike in Guile Scheme in the next year or so -- how hard can it
be?  Now, whether or not the situation w/ Emacs will change, i agree w/
you there -- only the maintainers (and beyond) can say for sure.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen ..................................... GPG key: 4C807502
.                  NB: ttn at glug dot org is not me                   .