Re: Redundant (harmful) duplication of run-hooks in define-globalized-mi

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Redundant (harmful) duplication of run-hooks in define-globalized-minor-mode [patch]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:07:09 +0000

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> It's also kind of ugly because of all the magic, but it's the best I can
> come up with so far.

I think the approach is quite good (was actually thinking along those
lines on my way to work this morning). It's not uglier than the existing

(defvar ,MODE-major-mode nil)
(make-variable-buffer-local ',MODE-major-mode)

I wonder if the existing MODE-major-mode and the disable-MODE you
proposed could somehow take advantage of lexical binding so they
wouldn't be visible to the user, but maybe this makes no sense...
reading that section of easy-mmode.el always makes me delirious :-)

Also couldn't ,MODE-major-mode contain both semantics and be renamed or
something?

--
João Távora