Re: Compiled regexp?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Compiled regexp?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:55:36 -0700

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> If we ever try to do something to avoid the cost of re-compiling
Stefan> a regexp, I'd expect that we'd provide a way to have explicit access to
Stefan> compiled regexps (with a `regexp-compile' function, the result of which
Stefan> would be accepted by re-search-forward as an alternative to a string).

Back when I did some emacs profiling, regexp compilation didn't show up
in the top 5.  Regexp matching did, though.  I wasn't specifically
looking at regexp performance, though, so I didn't try to isolate the
effects of the compiled-regexp cache.

Tom