How widespread is use of w32-downcase-file-names?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: How widespread is use of w32-downcase-file-names?
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 21:45:24 +0200

I would like to deprecate and eventually remove this option.  It
causes a lot of unneeded complexity in file-related primitives.

Its introduction was a way to make ugly UPPER-CASE file names that
come from FAT16 filesystems look more plausible in Emacs.  But since I
doubt that there are any FAT16 filesystems out there connected to
Windows machines these days, I submit that this option has completed
its mission and is ready to be retired.

Any objections?