Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:47:31 +0200

> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:56:41 -0600
> From: Christoph <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
>
> I have uploaded the Windows binaries for version 24.3 to the GNU server.

Thanks.

> For this release I used my own build script that was used to build all
> releases in the 24.x series so far.

Please note that it is best to use the same versions of header files
for optional libraries that were used for building those optional
libraries.  In this case, you used zlib-1.2.5-2, while libxml2 and
GnuTLS were linked against zlib-1.2.3, as can be seen here:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/Dependencies/

zlib is normally extremely compatible with past versions, but better
safe than sorry...