Re: Anyone building Emacs trunk with MinGW w64 (32 bits)

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Anyone building Emacs trunk with MinGW w64 (32 bits)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:41:46 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> If you have a few moments to spare, please try again with the latest
> trunk, I tried to fix at least these problems, so that Emacs will
> compile with MinGW64.  But I don't have the headers installed by
> MinGW64 GCC, and couldn't find them on the net, and I don't have time
> to install MinGW64 and try the build myself.
>
> Please report any problems you still have.

I'm stuck on this:

w32.c:4725:7: error: unknown type name 'REPARSE_DATA_BUFFER'

In my install, that name is defined in

c:/mingw/i686-w64-mingw32/include/ddk/ntifs.h

Adding

#include <ntifs.h>

to w32.c doesn't work because the ddk directory is not in the automatic
search path of the compiler.

#include <ddk/ntifs.h>

doesn't work either because ntifs.h includes other files from the same
directory.

Searching the web shows that the "solution" is to add the ddk directory
to the search path with -I. But that creates a dependency on where
MinGWw64 was installed (not everybody installs con c:/mingw!)

Two places where the problem is discussed:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4E52E193.7090706%40users.sourceforge.net&forum_name=mingw-w64-public

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3407293&group_id=202880&atid=983355