Re: company.el status?

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: company.el status?
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:56:23 +1100

My question as well. While I won't lose any sleep should we give up on bzr and move to git, I am very concerned regarding further fracturing of the emacs ecosystem if that means using a platform which is using non-free tools. Git != GitHub. Lets have all official emacs packages use git, but on gnu.org. If we start moving things out to various other locations, before long, we will have forks and different versions all over the place, leaving an envrionment where only the determined and experienced emacser has any hope - all new users will run a mile.

On 9 March 2013 19:19, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 03:50:53 +0400
> Cc: address@hidden, Nikolaj Schumacher <address@hidden>

> > I am told that Github has features that don't work unless
> > you run nonfree _javascript_.
>
> That's an accurate assertion. The core features all seem to work,
> though, even when _javascript_ is disabled.

Why do we need Github?

--
Tim Cross