Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r374: company: Release 0.6.2

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r374: company: Release 0.6.2
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 13:32:36 -0400

> But suppose that went fine. Would cd elpa/packages/company && bzr merge
> git://... work after that?

Yes (modulo spurious conflicts when a file is added to that git branch,
since the "bzr mv" we did before the "bzr split" only affects the file
that existed back then).

> Not sure I understand the alternative (two extra prepositions there), but

Sorry about "the the" it should read "least the".

> if it's just pasting Git commit hash into the message, that works for me.

Yes, just adding that hash is what I meant.  It is the least amount of
info from which the rest can be reconstructed.

> That aside, almost all of company-mode change history is missing in elpa, so
> when the transition to Git is done, there's no reason not to fully re-import
> the directory from the upstream repo.

Agreed.

        Stefan