Re: Problem with doc-view-previous-major-mode

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Problem with doc-view-previous-major-mode
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:09:36 +0200

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:57:49 -0400 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> what happens with -Q.  But I have customized the global value of
>> major-mode to text-mode,
>
> Why?

Because I found that I often wanted to do quick tests in text-mode by
typing `C-x b a'.  Your question suggests suggests that this
customization is ill-advised; if so, why (other than the problem that my
OP described, which I still would like to know if it causes problems for
doc-view always to get the fallback mode via normal-mode rather than the
"previous" major mode)?  And if it is ill-advised, then major-mode
shouldn't be customizable, should it?

Steve Berman