Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:37:23 +0800

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Any objections if I integrate Xue Fuqiao's guide into those pages in
>> some reasonable way?  (Which I'm not defining here only because I'll
>> figure it out if/when we're generally agreed this is a Good Thing.)

> I think it's OK.  Tho it might be worth splitting it into a few, more
> targeted parts.  E.g. one could be "how to submit a patch" and another
> could be a "primer for new committer".  They should be as short as
> possible, to try and make sure even the unmotivated read it.

I don't have time splitting it now, tho.  I'll contribute it to Emacs
and let others (and me) to do this work later.

> One detail: I'm not completely comfortable with the GSoC section.
> While GSoC is a nice source of funding I (and I believe the FSF as well)
> has some reservations about it in general (e.g. the restrictions on
> nationals of stigmatized countries like Cuba, Iran, ...), so I'm not
> sure I like advertising it on our web site (although I have advertised
> it on this very list just a few days ago).

OK, I'll remove it.  It does not provide much useful information, and
guys who want to participate GSoC can get information on GNU guidelines
for Summer of Code projects and google-melange.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/