Re: Installing the Emacs executable

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Installing the Emacs executable
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:54:14 -0400

> In any case, I thought the tendency was to stay away of tricks that
> are too specific to binary formats, to avoid re-living the unexec
> problem...

It shouldn't be too hard to come up with a solution that does not rely
on tricks.  Or at least, no new tricks.  E.g. store the preloaded
docstrings in a second "pure heap" (we could even just use the existing
pure heap, but if we want to keep those VM pages on disk, we'd like to
keep them "geographically" separate).

        Stefan