Re: Any exceptions for the 15-line rule?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Any exceptions for the 15-line rule?
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 12:00:30 -0400

Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> https://github.com/mooz/js2-mode/pull/101
> https://github.com/mooz/js2-mode/pull/100
>
> (add .diff at the end of each URL to see the plain diff)

I think it is fair to call those a tiny change; assuming there is
nothing else by the same author.

The 15 lines thing is not totally literal.
A mechanical s/foo/bar on a 100 lines is still a tiny change.

> On the face of it, both patches exceed 15 lines in total, but I hesitate
> to ask for CA over something this simple (this would also mean delaying
> the next merge from Git to elpa for however long that takes).

But let's not make copyright assignment out to be something daunting, or
to be avoided. It's pretty straightforward, very much so if the person
is in the USA. And if it causes a delay, well that's just how it is.