Re: Any exceptions for the 15-line rule?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Any exceptions for the 15-line rule?
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 21:50:07 +0400

On 01.05.2013 20:00, Glenn Morris wrote:
Dmitry Gutov wrote:

https://github.com/mooz/js2-mode/pull/101
https://github.com/mooz/js2-mode/pull/100

(add .diff at the end of each URL to see the plain diff)

I think it is fair to call those a tiny change; assuming there is
nothing else by the same author.

The 15 lines thing is not totally literal.
A mechanical s/foo/bar on a 100 lines is still a tiny change.

Thank you. I don't think I've seen a good definition of "tiny change" anywhere, and there's no s/foo/bar in either of these patches, but if you suggest to use my own judgment, that's fine by me.

On the face of it, both patches exceed 15 lines in total, but I hesitate
to ask for CA over something this simple (this would also mean delaying
the next merge from Git to elpa for however long that takes).

But let's not make copyright assignment out to be something daunting, or
to be avoided. It's pretty straightforward, very much so if the person
is in the USA. And if it causes a delay, well that's just how it is.

Sure, I'll ask for CA from anyone with sizable and/or repeated contributions. Requesting it for small one-off patches feels counter-productive, though.