Re: BBDB v3 approaching release

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: BBDB v3 approaching release
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 18:13:34 +0200

On Mon, May 27 2013, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> GNU ELPA is good for distribution.
>
> But it's only for code whose copyright was assigned to the FSF.
> While BBDBv3 has a lot of new code by Roland, AFAICT it still shares
> a non-trivial amount of code with the old codebase for which we don't
> have copyright assignments.

Identifying the old pieces of code in BBDB v3, which do require
copyright assignments, is also on my to-do list. Maybe the amount of old
code is really not significant anymore. I cannot tell myself and it is a
somewhat tedious excercise to check this properly. (Help welcome!)
Yet I think that in the meanwhile, it would be nice to have a proper
release of BBDB v3.

Roland