Re: Using glib's g_file_monitor_file and g_file_monitor_directory

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Using glib's g_file_monitor_file and g_file_monitor_directory
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:46:06 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently d-bus messages generate events in the key-event queue, which means
> that processing of dbus messages may be delayed by processing of key
> presses.  I think this should be changed to "use a separate queue", just
> like process events don't go through the key-event queue.

I believe all events which are not raised by an user action (keyboard,
mouse, etc) shall be handled by such a separate queue. Currently,
TIMER_EVENT, BUFFER_SWITCH_EVENT, DBUS_EVENT and FILE_NOTIFY_EVENT would
fall into this category. Maybe also USER_SIGNAL_EVENT.

If processes would send events when changing the state, in addition to
calling their process-sentinel, their event type would also be a candidate.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.