Re: SES local variables to define printers

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: SES local variables to define printers
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:24:30 +0200

Replying to myself...

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: Re: SES local variables to define printers
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 07:50:08 +0200

[...]

> Ok you means _after_ the ses-cell declaration, just before those general
> declarations (taken from examples.ses):
>
> (ses-column-widths [15 15])
> (ses-column-printers [nil nil])
> (ses-default-printer "%.7g")
> (ses-header-row 0)

[...]

One more question: when you define a symbol as local (e.g. with
make-local-variable), does it mean only the value slot of the symbol is
made local, or do you have also the function slot made local.

The hack which I have done also consisted in allowing to use the value
slot to define a function. That was just because file local variables
affect only the value slot, not the function slot. But on the other
hand, I am not even sure that EMACS lisp allow to create file local
functions.

What I could do if there is no such a thing as file local function is to
set the symbol value slot to some specific symbol, say :ses-printer, and
use the symbol name as a key to a hash map containing all local
printers.

   Vincent.