Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 18:30:47 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 12:04:53 +0200
>
> It also hangs here, both with Emacs and with an unrelated project. Maybe
> the problem is MSYS.
>
> address@hidden /d/dev/emacs/autoconf
> $ time make -j 4 bootstrap
>
> [...]
>
> rm -f *.tab.c
> Makefile:847: recipe for target `bootstrap-clean' failed
> make: *** [bootstrap-clean] Error 1
> make: INTERNAL: Exiting with 1 jobserver tokens available; should be 4!

Could be.  Perhaps ask a question om the MinGW mailing list, maybe
someone there will know something.

FWIW, I'm still using MSYS v1.0.17-1, and don't have any problems on 2
different machines (XP and Windows 7).  I didn't upgrade to 1.0.18,
and don't plan to any time soon, as what I have now has proven to be
very stable for many moons.  So perhaps try to downgrade to the
version I use and see if that helps.

Do you happen to know which packages exactly were updated, or can find
that out?