Re: eww

From: chad
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 01:21:27 -0700

On 18 Jun 2013, at 21:21, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
> For accessibility (e.g. if the HTML is completely garbled or if the user
> is unable to read it), it would be very nice to pop up a buffer with
> just the list of anchors, where up/down are bound to step through the
> list and RET browses the anchor.

Sounds like completion to me.

On 19 Jun 2013, at 00:34, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

>> So its User-Agent would be more informative with something like
>> "eww/5.130008 URL/1.1 Emacs/24.3.50 (gnu/linux)"...
>
> I'm kinda for keeping the User-Agent short and sweet.  But is URL/Emacs
> valid?  It's supposed to be Client/Version.  I guess "Emacs" is a
> version of sorts...

I know it seems cool just to say `EWW/Emacs', but Juri's suggestion
is better, assuming that you care about standards compliance.
Reasonable humans can be forgiven for thinking that the web standards
aren't reasonable, but please *at least* include a version number.

Thanks for an exciting new tool!
~Chad