Re: filenotify.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: filenotify.el
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:27:57 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> w32notify produces 2 events for a file that was renamed: a
> 'renamed-from' event, followed by a 'renamed-to' event.

Is there a guarantee, that `renamed-to' will always follow
`renamed-from'? No other event in between?

How long shall we wait, until we give up, and show 'renamed-from' as
`deleted'? Events could be lost.

Btw, the same question arises for inotify. But here we have the cookie,
which gives a better correlation.