Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113221: Implement visual-order cursor motion.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113221: Implement visual-order cursor motion.
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 18:24:29 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 11:12:34 -0400
>
> > +   (if (< n 0)
> > +       (move-point-visually -1)
> > +     (move-point-visually 1))
>
> Aka
>       (move-point-visually (if (< n 0) -1 1))

Fixed.

> > +   (sit-for 0))
>
> I think this deserves a comment, because I for one have no idea why
> it's here.

It's probably my misunderstanding of something.  If I remove sit-for,
invoking the command with N > 1 causes it to see the value of point
that is not updated.  That is, if point is at position X and you
invoke

  C-u 10 <right>

then inside move-point-visually I see on the 2nd or 3rd call that
point is being reset back to its value before the first call.