Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:12:27 +0200

Hello.

5 jul 2013 kl. 13:56 skrev Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>:

> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> You don't need "some arbitrary number of pixels".  As I outlined before, if
>> top/left is inside, put the frame there, otherwise put it at some default
>> position.
>
> The caption could be inside by one pixel, and that would be almost
> invisible and/or hard to drag.

This is also a W32:ism, as other systems allow moving of frames without using
the caption, so since this only is a problem on W32, you could make some
W32-specific solution that you think is best.

>> Another possibility is that the display-monitor-attributes-list includes
>> a list of all frame belonging to a particular monitor.
>
> Yes.
>
>> If that monitor is still available, restore the frame there, otherwise not.
>
> How would  I know that? Are you proposing that I save also the list of
> monitors? Note that the monitor name alone is not a good identifier,
> because if I always use only one, but I switch monitors between saving
> and restoring, the physical dimensions will potentially be different,
> but the monitor will still be called "\\\\.\\DISPLAY1".

I was thinking of the monitor geometries.  But as I said before, top/left
availability is fine by me.

        Jan D.