RE: How to restore the layout?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to restore the layout?
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 08:53:49 -0700 (PDT)

>  > I don't think it "drops" them, it just resizes and repositions the
>  > frame so they are outside the screen.
>
> Judging from what GetWindowRect returns you're right.  In this case the
> lower border would disappear under the taskbar so the appearance relies
> on the order in which windows are drawn.  OTOH GetWindowRect could lie
> to us by adding the border sizes to the bounding rectangle.  We won't be
> able to tell the difference.

Interesting.  I hadn't played with f11 before.  FWIW (curiosity only,
probably):

Using my frame-movement commands I see something different: I can move
the maximized frame around normally, and thus can see that the frame
borders, including the title bar, have indeed been dropped (there are
none).

I can also resize the maximized frame (again, using frame-cmds.el
commands) horizontally any amount.  But I can shrink it vertically only
one line, for some reason.

I also did not realize that the same holds for a frame maximized by
clicking the Windows maximize icon/button in the title bar: I can move
it around and resize it.  And in this case, unlike the case after
maximizing with f11, there is no limit to shrinking vertically.