Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 19:07:54 +0300

On 9 July 2013 17:36, Bozhidar Batsov <address@hidden> wrote:
I've noticed two more font look issues (I guess I'm becoming annoying :-) ):

- ?c, ?x, ?\n, ?\C-\M-d, etc should be font-locked as strings I guess, since from Ruby 1.9 the character literal syntax actually yields strings.

- there should be support for the new %I/%i literals from Ruby 2.0 - I guess we should font-lock them as symbols

And one more:

Currently we use the same face (font-lock-type-face) for both classes/modules and constants. Classes and Modules are mandatory CamelCase(although Camel_Case is also valid, albeit it's considered extremely poor style) and just about everyone uses SCREAMING_SNAKE_CASE for constants so I'd suggest to use font-lock-constant-face for constants.