Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:55:14 +0200

Giorgos Keramidas writes:
> I think I have more data which may be useful.
>
> When I start Gnus from the Emacs trunk with the patch by David to show
> why a group is resynchronized, I can see that some groups like INBOX with
> no unread messages are sync'ed every time.

Maybe I did miss some update from you, but I'm a bit puzzled as to what
problems you are still experiencing.

Do you still have the problem that *all* groups are re-synced upon
startup? Or does it only happen for some groups?

> Typing 's' at the *Group* buffer doesn't save anything, but if I type
> 'M-x gnus-group-save-newsrc' a new .newsrc.eld file is created, and
> the groups do _not_ go through an initial sync afterwards.

This must be a coincidence, because pressing 's' in the group buffer or
doing 'M-x gnus-group-save-newsrc' does not make any difference.

-David