Re: package descriptive text and lm-commentary

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: package descriptive text and lm-commentary
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 22:17:15 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Yesterday I created my first package, a single .el file.
>> Today I noticed that the description of the package, as shown in emacs
>> and on marmalade, lookes like:
>
>>    ;;; Commentary:
>
>>    ;; Text bla etce...
>
> Not sure what you mean.  http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/sparkline
> shows it without the ";;".

Hm, yes you are right.  I got confused with the few different places
I saw the package description.  So I checked again.

1 - On the web page of marmalade it is ok
2 - In emacs, the description with list-packages and showing the details
    has the ';;'
3 - If I use `package-upload-buffer' it will create a
    sparkline-readme.txt also containing the ';;'.

It does not really matter but it bugs me.
Just for my information, I assume it is supposed to show without the
';;' for single file emacs packages right?

>> 1 - lm-commentary
>
> lm-commentary is expected to return the text in all its ";;" glory, yes.

Ah, that is good to know.

Well, if it keeps bugging me, I will try to figure out what goes wrong.

Also, I appreciate the time you took to check out the description.

Wim Oudshoorn.